My babies and me

My babies and me

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas Eve

This morning we woke up to amazing snow!  It's still snowing in fact.  I'm so happy to have a White Christmas.


For some reason, it makes me think about my mom.  She loved Christmas, especially in Colorado when it would snow.  This is my first Christmas without my mom.  She passed away earlier this year rather suddenly and it still stings to think about her being gone.  I catch myself a lot thinking I need to call mom only to be reminded again that she won't be there to answer.  I guess I'm thinking she sent the snow for me this year. She knew I needed to have a White Christmas for my first Christmas without her.  It's her gentle reminder to me that she is still with me and thinking about me too.  While that may or may not be true, I choose to believe it is.  I could just sit and watch the snow fall all day long, sipping on a cup of coffee and remembering all of the things that I love about my momma.  I love her free spirit, her determination and can-do attitude, her smile and her laugh, which I miss the most.  So this Christmas I'll remember her gift to me and cherish it.  Merry Christmas mom!





No comments:

Post a Comment